A new analysis by the Design Management Institute, a Boston-based nonprofit focused on design management, puts numbers to what design junkies suspected all along: in the past 10 years, design-driven companies outperformed the Standard & Poors 500–a stock market index of 500 large publicly traded companies–by 228%.
Read more: Good Design Is Good For Business | FastCo.Design.
Back from the conference in Amsterdam…
IxDA has published the videos taken from the talks http://vimeo.com/ixdaglobal/videos
Don’t miss e.g.
– Klaus Krippendorff’s keynote on »Languaging, Reality, Dialogue and Interaction«
– »The lost art of efficiency in interaction design« from Giles Colborne
– Peter Bil’ak presenting his typographic work (…plus, check out his wonderful Magazine of Unexpected Creativity »Works that Work«)
– Jason Mesut seeking to bridge the gap between Industrial Design and Interaction Design – our very own subject…
– or Dan Rosenberg drawing the difference between applications (simple!) and solutions (complex!) – although I’d prefer talking about systems…